Friday, November 10, 2017

Changing rooms in the hospital

I just finished nursing Ryan after Jeremy took the girls home. I found a movie to watch on t.v. I thought to myself, I am going to send Ryan to the nursery and call it a night!
Little did I know, there were too many women having babies and they needed my room!
The head nurse came in and asked if I would be okay moving to the pediatric floor. She said they needed someone stable that can handle being without all the help. I said yes and started packing up my stuff. Like I said, Jeremy had just left with the girls and my stuff was ALL over the hospital room. I still had my stuff in the shower because I wanted to take a shower the next morning before going home. The girls crayons were still out on the desk so they could come back and color in the morning. Ugh. 
Taken right before the nurse walked in and asked if I could move rooms. 

Two super helpful nurses helping me move clear across the hospital. The birthplace is on level 3 and I was moving to level 8 on the other side of the hospital. We walked all the way down the hall and took the elevator up to floor 8. I was in a very quiet corner though. 

My new room. I was trying to explain it to Jeremy so he could find me in the morning. 

The nice bathroom. Good thing I didn't want to take that bath! My nurse said the bath would help with the healing, but I was going to think about it.

After packing up everything and moving rooms, here I was just me and Ryan. My nurse Denise came in and checked on me a few times and to give me my meds. But other than that it was so quiet. And Ryan was up most of the night. For some reason I didn't think that he would be hungry. I forgot that babies cluster feed sometimes, and that is just nursing from one side to other again and again.

I remember thinking to myself, we have already spoiled him! I don't remember one time we just left him in his crib at the hospital while the girls were there. Someone was always holding him. 

Yes, I ordered food at 1:30 in the morning. I was planning on just getting some oatmeal. But the guy said they have some hot foods as well. I knew they wouldn't have everything cooking at 1:30 in the morning, but he said cheeseburger and that sounded SO good. 

Precious boy.

I was so tired!

3:23a.m. and he just wanted to sleep on me. Anytime I tried putting him back in the crib, he would wake up!

He is so scrumptious.

I did have a boppy pillow already. I did buy a new cover because the other one had a rip in it and I wanted a more boyish color for him. He loves being propped on it.

Getting to see his eyes!

The view out this window was much better than my other room. The other room looked in the courtyard that the girls and Jeremy went a few times to get some fresh air. I was sending this to Jeremy so he knew where I was in the hospital. Like I said, I moved to the other side and the parking is different.

1 comment:

  1. I love your comments with the pictures. UGH, having to move after you were settled down for the night. and by yourself no less. Thanks goodness you had helpful nurses.